Honeycomb Floating Roof
- Floats in full surface contact with the liquid, eliminating a free liquid surface and formation of hazardous trapped vapors.
- Panels are inherently buoyant, weighing less than one pound per square foot and can float large loads.
- Won’t burn. The aluminum, non-combustible construction of the PETREX honeycomb roof will not burn and the full surface contact provides outstanding fire safety characteristics.
- Minimizes evaporation losses. Since the roof floats in full surface contact with the liquid, there is no free liquid from which evaporation could occur. The patented gasketed panel seam provides the lowest emissions of any bolted seam.
- Is easily installed. The PETREX aluminum honeycomb internal floating roof system is a self contained panel system, constructed of modular designed aluminum honeycomb panels. Each panel is fabricated to be uniform, durable, strong and buoyant, eliminating the need for structural framing. The panels fasten together quickly and simply, utilizing the patented PETREX aluminum clamp bar system.
- Reduces air pollution. Except for minimal losses occurring around the seals at the tank shell and fixed roof support columns, the air space above the PETREX honeycomb roof is free of hydrocarbon vapors. The system meets all federal, state and local air quality regulations.
- Provides great economy. The PETREX honeycomb roof system reduces the costs of installation, maintenance and downtime. The modular design and quality construction assures a long service life. In addition, the elimination of evaporation reduces production losses, increases profits and results in a quick return on your investment.
Do you have questions about your project? Contact us for a custom quote.